Sefer HaChinuch is one of the great classics of the 13th Century. Although the anonymous author states that he wrote it for his son and the youth of his time to learn on Sabbath afternoons, it was embraced by the entire nation as a masterpiece. The author lists all 613 Commandments following the weekly Torah Readings. He explains the source of each mitzvah, suggests a reason for it and the lesson it contains for us, and provides a summary of its laws.
This multi level Hebrew elucidation is for the layman and Talmid Chacham alike. Study and understand Sefer HaChinuch with clarity and in depth, as never before.
- The Hebrew text, authoritatively researched by Machon Yerushalayim, is newly vowelized.
- Every phrase is translated and explained, following the pattern of the Schottenstein Talmud.
- Notes explain the background and concepts
- Sources of the laws are cited and explained.
- References to other works and classic halachic sources are provided for those interested in further research.
- Illuminating “Insights” reveal broad dimensions of the mitzvos.